2022 Foley Area Chamber Citizen of the Year Award
The Foley Area Chamber of Commerce has created a Citizen of the Year Award Program to recognize one person that has displayed outstanding dedication and contribution to the community during the proceeding year. Members of the Foley Area Chamber of Commerce are to nominate a person whom they feel would deserve to receive the award.
Forms must be completed and received no later than 5:00 pm on April 29, 2022 to be eligible.
Criteria for the Citizen of the Year Award
- Nominees will be nominated by members of the Foley Area Chamber of Commerce and the general public.
- Nominees must be a resident of or work within the City of Foley
- Nominee must be age twenty-one (21) or older
- The achievement (s) on which the nomination is based must occur between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 to be eligible.
- Nominations should be based on excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Nominee is actively involved in community work and/or service club’s/church groups outside of their place of employment or educational facility
- Nominee has had a positive impact in the community
- Nominee has demonstrated a personal commitment to the benefit of the community
- Has performed an outstanding achievement or act of heroism
- The community has benefited from this person's involvement
- Has overcome significant personal adversity
- Has positive and inspiring personal attributes that serve to encourage others
On the Nomination Form:
Complete the identification information for the nominee.
Answer the following question in the nomination area of the form. Keep in mind that the more facts, figures and examples you provide, the better the judges will get to know the person being nominated and this increases the likelihood of being selected as an award winner.
Why is the nominee a deserving recipient?
You may answer the question directly or by providing supporting documents.
You may answer the question on a separate sheet of lined paper and attach it to this form.
Sign the form, as nominator, include your phone number, and return this form to:William M. Kalton
PO Box 325
Foley, MN 56329
The Foley Area Chamber Awards Committee will only consider information that is included with the nomination. As part of your nomination, you are welcome to include testimonials, brochures and letters of reference or any other documents that support the nomination. The Foley Area Chamber Awards Committee will review all nominations and choose the award winners. The winner of the award will be announced in May 2022.